This post may contain affiliate links
Overnight Breakfast! Slow Cooker White Chocolate French Toast Casserole
Slow Cooker Christmas Breakfast
So let me tell you why this should be your Christmas morning breakfast. It takes 6 hours in the slow cooker. Let's face it, you'll be up until midnight playing Santa Claus anyway and your kids will be up and at it come sunrise. 6 hours sounds perfect. Not to mention this is basically a dessert that we just call breakfast. It's a holiday! Treat yourself! Did I mention this will only take 5 minutes to put together? Psh, and use yourself a crockpot liner and you won't even have to clean! I'm even going to share a slow cooker trick from my upcoming slow cooker book as a little Christmas present. The side opposite the control panel is the hot side and burns things like breads. Take a 12 inch piece of aluminum foil and fold it in half, lengthwise, 3 times so you have an 8 sheet barrier, 2 inches tall, 12 inches long. Just put that in the crockpot on the hot side, right there in that stoneware bowl. It'll keep your ingredients from touching that extra hot spot and lessen your chances of burning your food.
1 loaf French bread, cut or torn into 1-inch cubes OR use 6 large croissants
8 oz. cream cheese, cut into small pieces
2 cups white chocolate chips
6 large eggs
2 cups milk
2 cups heavy cream
1/4 cup brown sugar, tightly packed
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1. Put bread pieces into the slow cooker. Toss together with cream cheese and white chocolate chips.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, and heavy cream until all of the eggs are incorporated.
3. Add brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg to the egg mixture. Whisk until combined.
4. Pour the egg mixture over bread in the slow cooker.
5. Cook on low for 6 hours.
6. Serve plain or topped with your favorite syrup or whipped cream.