This post may contain affiliate links
Easy Buttermilk Corn Bread Muffins
I've got a man in the house that loves cornbread. Now, this recipe isn't for true southern cornbread because it has sugar in it. But no worries, I'm a west coast gal born and raised and this is how we do it 'round here. Don't get me wrong, I love that good southern corn bread, but these babies are west coast corn bread muffins and they are still delicious. They are simple to whip up, and since they are muffin style, they are even easier to serve. Try it with a little orange honey butter. Fantastic!
1/2 cup butter, melted
2/3 cup sugar
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 cup cornmeal
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Grease a muffin tin or line it with cupcake liners.
2. In a medium-sized bowl combine the melted butter with the sugar. Beat in the eggs until well blended.
3. Add in the baking soda and then slowly pour in the buttermilk while you stir.
4. Add in the cornmeal, flour, and salt and stir until well combined. Pour batter into the prepared muffin tin.
5. Bake in the 375 degree oven for about 20 minutes, until the tops start to brown.
1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
2 tablespoons honey
1/4 tsp salt
zest of half an orange
juice of half an orange
1 pinch cayenne pepper
1. Combine all ingredients in a small mixing bowl. Use a hand mixer to whip the ingredients until well combined.