Summer! It's the time for peaches, kids running through the neighborhood, and backyard barbecues. This spicy chicken fits right in with all things summer. It brings a sweet heat to your outdoor grill. I use mine all the time. The grill makes it so easy to churn out healthy, flavorful, and satisfying meals. I love to indulge in all the fresh produce that summer brings and this recipe has a lot of it. You could serve this chicken along side other simple fresh summer produce, or even slice it and serve it on a salad. It would go great with corn-on-the-cob, grilled watermelon, my triple fruit salad, or even a more adventurous watermelon-avocado-cucumber salad. Keep summer meals light, bright, and absolutely delicious!
Grill Time: 12 to 18 minutes
Yield: Serves 4
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 peach, peeled
1 chipotle in adobo sauce
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 peaches, peeled and diced
1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
1/4 cup diced green bell pepper
1/4 cup diced sweet onion
2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
1. Preheat an outdoor grill to medium-high heat.
2. Combine salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves in a small bowl. Season chicken breasts on all sides with the mixture.
3. In a food processor, puree peach, chipotle, and lemon juice to make a glaze. Set aside.
4. Make the relish by combining diced peaches, bell peppers, onion, and cilantro in a bowl. Spoon a tablespoon of the glaze over and toss. Set aside.
5. Grill the chicken for 6 to 8 minutes per side, brushing with the glaze every two minutes. Cook to 170 degrees.